Wednesday, June 22, 2016

WE'RE BACK! The New Haven House Cats Foster Care Program

In early 2013, I was faced with a major decision: keep the rescue going despite lacking monetary support, or shut us down.  It's next to impossible to give the cats adequate care with no money for supplies and vetting. So, I was forced to shut us down.  It was the right thing to do at the time.  Since then, every kitty that had remained in our care found a permanent home.

Recently, I had the opportunity to foster a few adult cats and kittens. One kitten, Benny, was recently adopted by a sweet young family with a two year old boy. It's his very first kitty, his first pet,and they will grow up together. Seeing pictures of little Benny in his new home warmed my heart, bringing me back to the days when finding families for these furbabies was my passion.  I still have one senior foster who has become quite comfortable in our house, so I think it is safe to say she will live out the remainder of her life here.  And, although I'd taken such a long break from rescue (almost three years!), I found myself naturally drawn back into it, tending to their needs, racking my brain for fundraising ideas, and seeking out small ways to help a good friend who runs New Start Kitty Shelter in Castile, NY.


Now, I realize my limitations. No longer can I manage the care of dozens of cats at the same time. I do not have the funds to do so.  But there is plenty I CAN do. Even the small things make a difference.

So, with that said, knowing where I have to draw the line, I've decided to bring the Haven House Cats' name back.  We will, from this day forward, be known as Haven House Cats Foster Care Program. Our mission will remain the same.


The Haven House Cats Mission: 

Haven House Cats' mission is to give abandoned kitties a fighting chance to live, love and be loved. No cat deserves to live or die alone, or be euthanized because they are no longer wanted. Haven House Cats will help these kitties find new forever homes where they are cared for and loved for the rest of their days.

We will accept only a limited number of cats at a time, find them homes, and continue our fundraising and spay/neuter efforts.  Thanks to the wonderful services provided at Operation Pets of WNY, the foster kitties and strays that come into our care will receive their vaccinations, deworming, flea treatment, and spay/neuter to prepare them for adoption.

To learn more about this program, click here: www.operationpets.org





2 comments:

  1. Thank You very. keep going nice article. Its not opening. Want to know more about it.
    ไฮโล

    ReplyDelete
  2. การร้อยไหม คือ เทคโนโลยีที่ช่วยแก้ไขปัญหา ผิวหน้าที่ไม่กระชับ หย่อนคล้อย ให้กลับมากระชับ หน้าเรียว เต่งตึง เข้ารูป วีเชฟได้สมใจ รวมทั้งสามารถช่วยการปรับโครงหน้าหรือแก้ไขปัญหาเฉพาะจุดด้วยการนำเส้นไหมชนิดพิเศษมาร้อยเข้ากับใบหน้าบริเวณใต้ผิวหนัง เพื่อกระตุ้นการสร้างเส้นเลือดใหม่ มีผลทำให้เกิดสร้างคลอลาเจนรอบๆ เส้นไหมซึ่งทิศทางการร้อยไหมที่สานกันเป็นร่างแห จะทำให้เกิดแรงดึง แรงยกกระชับในชั้นผิวหนัง ใบหน้าจึงดูเต่งตึง ยกกระชับหน้าขึ้นหลังการร้อยไหม ร้อยไหม
    ร้อยไหมหน้าเรียว
    ร้อยไหม วีเชฟ
    ร้อยไหมก้างปลา

    ReplyDelete